As the name suggests, Certified Accounting Technician's paper 2 or CAT - T2 is about information and how management can use such information for control purposes. After learning CAT - T2 students will acquire knowledge regarding collection of information, how information is processed and how it is then used by management for different managerial aspects like planning, organizing and controlling etc. CAT - T2 also underpins the advancement of information technology and how it can help management in performing their duties. Also, this advancement in IT raised significant challenges regarding security of crucial organizational information and the measures adopted by management to have complete, effective and secure information.
Among principal aims of this paper, it requires students to learn:
- Hardware and software and how to set them in working condition
- Securing access to hardware and software using locking down important premises, using passwords, anti-virus, firewalls other security measures.
- converting usual business documents in soft copies using appropriate hardware and how this process can be automated and saving them in soft format.
- obtaining prints and maintaining backups
- legal rules related to data protection, data retention, understanding the concept of copyright.
- using word processors, spread sheets and how to use them for managerial purposes
- the concept of cost, different types of cost and their behaviours and how analyzing them can help us in decision making
- how to handle confidential information
CAT - T2 is examined through Computer Based Examination (CBE) or Paper Based Exam. Each paper contains 50 multiple choice questions carrying 2 marks each thus 100 marks in total. Duration of exam is 2 hours and to pass CAT - T2 you must get 55% marks.
|Past Exam Papers||Examiner: Nigel Coulthurst|
|Examiner's Approach||Exam fee: £38|
|Student Accountant Articles||No. of Variants: 1|
|Examiner's Reports||Exam Type: CBE|
|Important Dates||Pass Rates|
|Syllabus and Study guide||-|
i - ask! portal lets you ask your question directly from our teachers.
Whether it be a subject related question or a topic specific or simply need an advice on how to manage your studies.
+ CLICK here to ask your question
+ CLICK here to open complete list of CAT - T2 related questions already answered
Either preparing for an exam or while doing an exam, if you have these prep-tips with you, then you will not only save time but can also be confident that you are doing the right thing at the right time.
+ CLICK here for CAT - T2 related prep-tips
+ CLICK here to suggest a topic for which you need a tip
+ CLICK here to share your own tip(s)
|An x-clusive! provision of ACCA LIVE. These LIVE! sessions are not like any other "chat" sessions. With a proper structure every weak, through this unique and completely interactive session, students will experience learning as if they are taking on-campus classes.|
+ CLICK here for schedule / time-table of live sessions
+ CLICK here to suggest a topic for next CAT - T2 live session
+ Missed a session? Don't worry we have recorded it for you. CLICK here for the recordings of previous LIVE sessions
| ||CAT - Paper 2 [T2]|
Information for Management Control Study Notes
Access FREE CAT - T2 Study Notes exclusively designed to memorize and grab key areas of CAT - T2 syllabus.
| ||CAT - Paper 2 [T2]|
Information for Management Control Practice Questions
Access FREE CAT - T2 Practice questions. As past papers for CAT - T1 are not available these practice questions can help in great to deal to practice different concepts examinable in CAT - T2 course.
| ||CAT - Paper 2 [T2]|
Information for Management Control Mock Exams
Access eX-clusive! CAT - T2 Mock Exams. These free mock exams enable you to check, test, stress yourself in every possible way so that you enter exam hall confident.
CAT - T2
Information for Management ControlExams Tips
|CAT - Paper 2 [T2]|
Information for Management Control Exam Tips
Learn what tips, tricks and topics you must have before you sit for an exam. These exam tips specifically details important areas of CAT - T2 course.
Resources by Syllabus Area
|> Syllabus Area A|
|This area introduces different kind of hardware and what software are how they both interact. Discussing different kinds of hardware available and their functions, what is networking and how organizations can take benefit of networked systems. What are different kind of systems available and which organization use what kind of system and how users should check whether hardware and software and working properly and how to troubleshoot. |
- Access Revision Notes for Area A
- Access Mock Exam for Area A
- Access Practice questions for Area A
- Access Prep-tips video lectures for Area A
- Access Prep-tice video lectures for Area A
- Access list of questions answered by tutors related to Area A-
|> Syllabus Area B|
|Security, confidentiality & legal issues|
|This area sheds light on confidentiality and how to maintain it, how to secure access to crucial hardware and measures management can take to safeguard vulnerable information by implementing security checks in software using passwords, user authentication, ranking according to managerial layers. It also covers why maintaining regular backups is important. Other than that it also involves legal issues related to managerial information|
- Access Revision Notes for Area B
- Access Mock Exam for Area B
- Access Practice questions for Area B
- Access Prep-tips video lectures for Area B
- Access Prep-tice video lectures for Area B
- Access list of questions answered by tutors related to Area B
|> Syllabus Area C|
|This area of CAT - T2 deals with the differences in financial and managerial accounting and why managerial accounting was needed. After going through this area students will understand how managerial information can help managers in performing different managerial functions and how information technology can aid them in decision making |
- Access Revision Notes for Area C
- Access Mock Exam for Area C
- Access Practice questions for Area C
- Access Prep-tips video lectures for Area C
- Access Prep-tice video lectures for Area C
- Access list of questions answered by tutors related to Area C
|> Syllabus Area D|
|Income and Expenditure|
|This area of CAT - T2 introduces about cost and different elements of cost and how costs can be analyzed on different basis. Key concept of this area is responsibility centres and how they co-ordinate with each other to run the business. Going through this area, one learn the documents used to record managerial information and how coding system can help structuring organizational information|
- Access Revision Notes for Area D
- Access Mock Exam for Area D
- Access Practice questions for Area D
- Access Prep-tips video lectures for Area D
- Access Prep-tice video lectures for Area D
- Access list of questions answered by tutors related to Area D
|> Syllabus Area E|
|This area details the sources from where management can gather information for comparison and analysis purposes in order to reach informed decisions. How to calculate variances and what such information is interpreted for control purposes. |
- Access Revision Notes for Area E
- Access Mock Exam for Area E
- Access Practice questions for Area E
- Access Prep-tips video lectures for Area E
- Access Prep-tice video lectures for Area E
- Access list of questions answered by tutors related to Area E
|> Syllabus Area F|
|This area of CAT - T2 is possibly the most practical and important areas where students learn how to collect relevant information and using different techniques mangers can reach decisions.|
- Access Revision Notes for Area F
- Access Mock Exam for Area F
- Access Practice questions for Area F
- Access Prep-tips video lectures for Area F
- Access Prep-tice video lectures for Area F
- Access list of questions answered by tutors related to Area F